Position:General Assistant (various regions)
Division:Operations and Maintenance
Salary:R124 080 – R170 220 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 8, Abet 2
- 1 year experience in electrical / municipal environment
- Lay cables for electrical reticulation installation and maintenance purposes
- Move and handle heavy equipment for reticulation and maintenance projects
- Plant poles and construct overhead lines for reticulation and maintenance projects
- Cleaning and general housekeeping to comply with the OHS Act
- Comply with safety regulations with regard to the OHS Act
- Assist Technician, Artisan, Special Workman or Street Light Attendant to facilitate effective and safe work procedures
Applications or CVs must be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- 52 Woburn Avenue, Bensan Building, Benoni
- Postal Address: Private Bag X014, Benoni, 1500
- Enquiries: 011 999-7532
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.