Position:General Worker (various regions)
Division:Operations and Maintenance
Salary:R108 396 – R151 200 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 6, Abet 1
- 1 year experience in electrical / municipal environment
- Lay cables for electrical reticulation installation and maintenance purposes to ensure that the electrical network is installed in terms of electrical standards
- Move and handle heavy equipment for reticulation and maintenance projects to ensure optimal services delivery
- Plant poles and construct overhead lines for reticulation and maintenance projects to ensure that network complies with the required standards
- Cleaning and general housekeeping to comply with the OHS Act
- Comply with safety regulations with regard to the OHS Act
Applications or CVs must be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- 52 Woburn Avenue, Bensan Building, Benoni
- Postal Address: Private Bag X014, Benoni, 1500
- Enquiries: 011 999-7532
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.